Medical Assistant / Medical Receptionist Job – Worcester MA
Why You'll Love this Medical Assistant / Medical Receptionist Job
When you join the CleanSlate team, you will enjoy a great work life balance. All of our clinics are closed for holidays and close early on Fridays.
You will join a collaborative team of professionals using office-based medicine to solve one of the biggest epidemics in our nation: substance use disorders. This is your chance to make a difference!
Be part of the solution. Join our team today.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor clinic schedule for arrival of patients and retrieves patient from lobby after check-in is complete in a fast paced medical office.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Perform urine drug screens, takes vitals, float as needed.
- Input accurate patient information into electronic health record.
- Ability to perform phlebotomy.
- Displays respectful and caring attitude towards patients at all times.
- Ability to take constructive feedback and make necessary changes.
- Checking in/out patients.
- Scheduling patient appointments.
- Sending prior-authorizations to insurance companies.
- Answering in-coming calls and checking voice messages regularly.
- Determination of office supplies/items on a weekly basis.
- Functions at the highest level of customer service, compassion and professionalism to internal and external patients and customers.
- Other tasks as needed by Providers and Manager.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be a graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- One year of experience preferred.
- Must have previous experience with EMR and Telecommunication systems.
- Experience preferred with patient scheduling; AdvancedMD a plus.
- Must have an advanced knowledge of and strict adherence to HIPAA, and general appropriate conduct governing patient confidentiality.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 8877