Licensed Drug Alcohol Counselor – Lynn Job – Lynn MA
Why You'll Love this Licensed Drug Alcohol Counselor - Lynn Job
Do you know someone who’s been affected by addiction? Do you want to provide care for those suffering from addiction in your own community?
Are you ready to be a voice for change in the way we treat and discuss addiction in America?
Your empathetic and compassionate motivation will make a difference in thousands of lives. You’ll be supported in a flexible work environment that offers continuing education and advancement opportunities.
Enhance your career fulfillment and growth. Apply now!
Job Duties & ResponsibilitiesThe alcohol and drug counselor is responsible for providing group therapy, individual therapy and other clinical treatment services based on client need including family counseling for clients in treatment at the center.
- Evaluates outcomes and performance improvement initiatives to ensure highest quality care for clients.
- Develop client resources used in group therapy during treatment
- Assists clients in developing measurable chemical dependency related discharge goals and objectives
- Update treatment plan at least weekly
- Complete and maintain accurate records and reports regarding the clients' histories and progress, services provided, and other required information
- Monitors client progress and adjusts clinical approach as necessary
- Conducts assessments with new clients
- Interface with families, treatment team members and case management
- Collaborate with utilization review team to provide necessary clinical information for insurance certification
- Responsible for creating and supporting a positive, professional, team-oriented, harassment-free work environment by understanding and complying with policies, demonstrating required competencies and being a positive role model.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Active and current certification/licensure as a helping professional relevant to addiction treatment
- Must possess an understanding of the nature of addiction recovery and clinical intervention which leads to greatest outcomes and creates conditions for highest probability of sustained recovery
- Minimum of 1 year experience in drug and alcohol treatment preferred
- Ability to read and interpret written information; write clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; and participates in meetings.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of EMR system preferred
- High school or equivalent
- Supervised counseling experience in substance abuse treatment or closely related field: 1 year