Care Coordinator Job – West Springfield MA
Why You'll Love this Care Coordinator Job
We develop highly customized treatment programs for each of our clients. Our treatment teams understand how to help our clients and their families to develop the knowledge, understanding, and tools necessary to recover from substance use disorders, to avoid relapse, and to go on to successful, fulfilling lives.
With the carefully designed series of therapies that we provide, our clients can expect to receive the most effective treatment, tailored to their specific needs. From detox, to primary treatment, and on to aftercare, we ensure that our clients have the support they need to make the changes that will save their lives and allow them to thrive in a future free of substances.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides administrative support for Clinical site team members, including but not limited to scanning, mailings, filing, copying, and faxing applicable documents and records.
- Enters all required data into the EMR system accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Maintains compliant with all levels and forms of patient confidentiality.
- Collaborates with patients, physicians, office staff and ancillary departments within the company to maintain accurate and timely data exchanges between all entities involved in the patients’ care.
- Provides patients with required documents and forms, and assists in certifying and aiding patient completion.
- Coordinates patient appointments, referrals, and transportation needs for diagnostic tests and procedures, as ordered by Clinicians.
- Informs patient and/or staff of the proper preparation and instructions for the tests ordered, and any necessary pre-certifications.
- Maintains effective, pro-active, and superior follow-up communication with patients, Providers, office staff, and ancillary departments within the company.
- Answers telephone as needed, and relays messages to appropriate Providers and departments.
- Verifies insurance, including commercial insurance, Medicare, Medicaid and worker's compensation for patients.
- Assists with obtaining referrals and prior-authorizations, as needed.
- Provides cross coverage for Practice Administrators, as needed.
- Attend regular meetings or conference calls, as needed.
- Any and all other tasks or projects, as assigned.
- Acceptable and reliable attendance and punctuality.
- 3-5 years’ experience in customer service required.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a healthcare capacity required.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Human Services field required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of and proven experience navigating EMR systems.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Administrative experience in a Case Management setting preferred.